BY9002

Moderator: Ian Fitzpatrick

mikefitz
Site Admin

Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:42 pm

The place to discuss haplotype BY9002.
Ian Fitzpatrick

Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:29 am

Let me tell a story that may or may not be completely accurate, but as more men take the plunge into NGS testing and we see more and more data, the story will most likely become more detailed and accurate. Based on current knowledge this is the story of the man known as BY9002.

Somewhere around 1750BC a man was born with DNA mutation we call FGC11134. There is a very good chance he was born in southern England, he could have been what is known as a Bell Beaker person that had been slowly migrating into the British Isle for many years before. He was a proud Bronze age man, maybe a farmer or a miner or a craftsman making tools from copper and tin found all around southern England.

FCG11134 man had sons and they had sons and mutations occurred that allow us to see how they migrated through England Ireland and Scotland. There is a very good chance that there was intensive trade going on between Ireland and southern England.

One of FGC11134 grandsons or ManyXGreatGrandsons was born with the mutation we call ZZ44, his progeny, born most likely in southern England, would spread out into Ireland and Scotland. One son we will call BY9001 found his way into Ireland sometime around 1000BC.

ZZ44 DNA Tree
http://www.ytree.net/DisplayTree.php?blockID=1084

BY9001 DNA Tree
http://www.ytree.net/DisplayTree.php?blockID=1312

Most likely a farmer raising crops and cattle, living in a small community that had banded together for protection. Many generations later around 500AD a son was born we call BY9002.

But let me just sidestep in this story a bit.

Surnames were not used at the time of BY9001 but it appears he developed a very unusual and very specific genetic marker that has been carried through over 100 generations, passed through to the men who have DNA tested today. This marker is not found in many men at all, but is pretty much non-existent in Irish men, in fact almost every single man that has the marker DYS449=26 has been from the BY9001 Haplogroup. This is an amazingly simple and cheap way to identify members of this haplogroup. If you have this marker it is almost a certainty you are a member of this group.

The BY9001 tree appears to have all of its branches originating in the clans of Central Ireland. They include so far:

Fitzpatrick Ballard Craton Boylen Kirkpatrick O’Kelly McConnell Tracey Pugh Alison Kenney Fitzclarence Talty Shalvoy Murdoch Gilligan/Gillen Rahilly Kearns/Cairns Waters Conley Ferrel McConnell McHugh Lynch Gillen Easton Lennon/Leonard Copeland McCoy Mathis Wakely Mahon

Back to BY9002
So far, all of the BY9002 have the surname Fitzpatrick. As more men test we may find the Fitzpatrick branch happens under a different SNP, this would indeed date the time of origin of this Fitzpatrick line.
When and where the first BY9002 Fitzpatrick appeared remains to be discovered and this is where we start our research and study.
We have many DYS449=26 Fitzpatricks in fact almost 20 Fitzpatrick men in the DNA Study have this marker and as more men are NGS DNA tested, hopefully through the BigY, we can start to slowly come up with a detailed branched DNA tree and find out with a great degree of certainty when the first Fitzpatrick in this line appears in Ireland.
I hope to slowly detail some of my findings using the limited information we presently have in hand. I will use this thread to share this information with all of those interested.

Much more to come

Interesting place to visit related to this

www.culturalheritageireland.ie/index.ph ... d-co-kerry
Ian Fitzpatrick

Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:31 am

The link below is to a map which shows locations of clan origins for the surnames in the DYS449=26 group.

As you can see there is a definite pattern to the spread of surnames affiliated with this marker. The lack of far northern or southern names I believe is significant.

https://vatna.carto.com/builder/bfb9dc5 ... e21b/embed
mikefitz
Site Admin

Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:02 am

Ian thank you - what a great post!
Tim Fitzpatrick

Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:07 pm

A very good post and a great yarn : you are a good story teller

Tim
Ian Fitzpatrick

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:28 am

BY9002/ DYS449=26 Early American Settlers

I am building a tree for the Fitzpatrick Line with the DYS449=26 marker AKA BY9002 group.

In this line there are early American Settlers and I am calling on all members of these lines to contribute to any information they may have on these men.

Joseph Fitzpatrick was born about 1710. He married Mary Perrin WOODSON in 1743. They had eight children in 17 years. He died on November 1, 1781, in Fluvanna, Virginia, USA, at the age of 71.

John Fitzpatrick was born in 1780 in North Carolina, USA. He married Lucy Freeman on July 15, 1812, in Williamson, Tennessee, USA. He may be the son of Samuel Fitzpatrick was born in 1750. He married Sarah "Sally" Davis in 1780 in North Carolina, USA. They had five children during their marriage. He died in 1830 in Maury, Tennessee, USA. It would prove out the connection if a male from the Samuel line could test. Samuel may have had brothers John b.1753 and James b.1760

Joseph Fitzpatrick was born in 1775 in Virginia. He had three sons and two daughters between 1794 and 1823. He died in 1850 in Madison Georgia, USA.
Patrick Fitzpatrick was born in 1819 in Ireland. He married Margaret C. Grogan in Ireland. They had 11 children in 23 years. Patrick Fitzpatrick lived in Willow Springs, Wisconsin, USA, in 1850 He died in 1870 at the age of 51.

Philip Augustus Fitzpatrick was born in 1828 in Ireland. He married Bridget Daly in 1858 in New York, USA. They had six children during their marriage. He died on August 7, 1874, in New York, USA, at the age of 46.

All of the above men are related by DNA testing probably sharing a common ancestor about the year 1500. Philip Augustus and Patrick b.1819 may have been very closely related sharing a common ancestor about 1700.

Here are a few more early American Fitzpatrick’s that who also might be of interest if men in these lines are related to BY9002.

William Fitzpatrick was born in 1694 in Ireland. He married Sarah Jane Breckenridge in 1709 in Virginia, USA. They had seven children in 18 years. He died on August 9, 1764, at the age of 70.

John Fitzpatrick was born in 1760 in Virginia, USA. He had three sons and three daughters with Sally Denny. He died in 1820 in Floyd, Kentucky, USA, at the age of 60.

If there are any other early American Fitzpatrick’s out there that you know of I would be very interested in seeing the genealogy and trees.
mom@snively.net

Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:02 am

I know this is an old post but I do have a connection on Patrick Fitzpatrick of Willow Springs I am working on if you are still looking. I am willing to share.
Ian Fitzpatrick

Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:31 am

Hello

Thanks so much for your reply

If you would like to share what information you have you could contact me at ianfitz@rogers.com and I will fill you in on the research I am doing on this line

Ian